Dragonfly - Revised

I am so glad that i can share another free pattern to you all. Last month I went to my hometown to visit my parents... almost 4 years I didn't met them. I just spent my time with my family and had no time to crochet or write in my blog.

I hope you like this very simple pattern and enjoy crochet it..

Abbreviations: 
sc: single crochet    
ch: chain
st: stitch
inc : increase
dec: decrease
F/O: Fasten off
R: round

Materials:
2 mm crochet hook
Crochet yarn in brown and light blue
Needle for sewing
Stuff
Small beads for eyes
Scissor

Note: work in continuous round

Head and Body:
Using brown
R1: ch 2, starting from second chain from hook 6 sc
R2: inc, rep 6x (12)
R3: 3sc, inc, rep 3x (15)
R4-5: sc around
R6: 3sc, dec, rep 3x (12)
R7: 2sc, dec, rep 3x (9)
stuff
R8-13:  sc around
stuff
R14: sc, dec, rep 3x (6)
R15-25: sc around
F/O leave a long tail and sew the hole

Upper wings (make 2):
Using light blue
R1: ch 2, starting from second chain from hook 6 sc
R2: inc, rep 6x (12)
R3: 2sc, inc, rep 4x (16)
R4: sc around
R5: 6sc, dec, rep 2x (14)
R6: sc around
R7: 5sc, dec, rep 2x (12)
R8: sc around
R9: 4sc, dec, rep 2x (10)
R10-11: sc around
R12: 3sc, dec, rep 2x (8)
R13-14: sc around
R15: 2sc, dec, rep 2x (6)
F/O leaving a long tail for sewing

Bottom wings (make 2):
Using light blue
R1: ch 2, starting from second chain from hook 6 sc
R2: inc, rep 6x (12)
R3: 2sc, inc, rep 4x (16)
R4: 6sc, dec, rep 2x (14)
R5: 5sc, dec, rep 2x (12)
R6: sc around
R7: 4sc, dec, rep 2x (10)
R8: sc around
R9: 3sc, dec, rep 2x (8)
R10: 2sc, dec, rep 2x (6)
F/O leaving a long tail for sewing

Finishing:


  • Sew upper wings and bottom wings to body.
  • Sew eyes on its head
This pattern is an made by me, Zan Merry. Please do not claim this pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link this pattern but please do not reprint it to your site. You may keep a copy of this pattern for personal use but you may not sell this pattern. You can sell the items that you made from this pattern.

Please leave comment if you have a question or find any mistake in my pattern. I will do the corrections and answer your question as soon as possible.

Note: This pattern has been edited on October 14, 2016...  I missed some rows in the  first pattern... i am sorry for this inconvenient.

Thanks...

12 comments:

  1. What yarn would be used for this pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i used light weight yarn... but you can use any yarn you like

      Delete
  2. Hi, Do you do any video tutorials for your beautiful work. I am new to crochet and though I can copy and make things watching on Youtube I am still unable to read crochet instructions. I would love to make this Dragonfly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I don't want to comment as Anonymous but don't have much choice here and I am new to all this so don't know what to do. I have liked your 'page' Zan Crochet from my fb account. Monica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monica, I am sorry i don't have video tutorial for my pattern... I am sorry i can not help you...

      Delete
  3. The upper wings in the picture seem to have 15 rows, the bottom ones 11.
    When I follow the pattern, they look much smaller... and less like dragonfly wings.
    Is the pattern wrong or am I?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes... you're right... i think i missed some rows... i am sorry for this.. i will edit the pattern.. i thought that i saw the wrong note when i wrote this pattern...

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to try this pattern

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this pattern. It's very easy, explained very well and lovely too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What size do these end up being? They are so cute, I'm going to have to browse through you patterns. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sherri Guida13/06/2017, 08:36

    I am so very much in love with this pattern! Dragonflies have a very special meaning to me. I am going to make a dragonfly mobile and hang it in my kitchen... As my walls are covered in dragonflies! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! You do amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so very much for this lovely pattern. I have just used my 2mm hook for the first time in 36 years! Very very chuffed with the result. Much love xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am excited to create a dragon fly for summer! I have been searching for a dragon fly crochet pattern, and this one is by far the best! Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

sealkazzsoftware.blogspot.com resepkuekeringku.com